Cittadinanzattiva is a non-profit organization, set up in 1979 and honoured with the Italian government award for public healthcare engagement.
For over 40 years, Cittadinanzattiva has aimed to commit its resources to address issues of social concern, particularly those that have a major impact on the lives of the disadvantaged.
Particularly, Cittadinanzattiva is a leader in the healthcare area in terms of advocacy, awareness and institutional affairs.
Nevertheless, Cittadinanzattiva is committed to other areas and topics n order to identify citizens’ needs and build strategies and activities with particular regard to:
- Education, Justice, coEducation
- Consumer Rights and Sustainability
- Higher Civic Training School (Scuola Civica di Alta Formazione)
- Protection and Empowerment of citizens’ rights
- Environment and Rural Areas
- European Union affairs (Active Citizenship Network)